Best Crib Mattress List
We’ve reviewed many crib mattresses over the years and have recently compiled and analyzed the data in order to determine which mattresses are the best buys and get the best reviews. The mattresses in our list below all have excellent consumer ratings and comply with important safety standards. Some are foam and some are innerspring. Some have interesting features while others focus on being eco-friendly. The list is dominated by Sealy and prices range from just over $100 to close to $300.
The Best Crib Mattress List
|Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress||Lifetime||$119.99|
|Sealy Tender Vibes Soothing Mattress||Lifetime||$139.95|
|Colgate Classica I Crib Mattress||10-years||$149.00|
|Naturepedic No Compromise Organic Cotton Crib Mattress||Lifetime||$279.00|
|Sealy Posturepedic Springfree Soybean & Latex Mattress||Lifetime||$183.57|
* Prices are based in Amazon Sept/2011 figures and are subject to change.
** 1-year warranty on vibration electronics.
Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress
The Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress is another Sealy crib mattress that is getting very good ratings from owners. Many parents have a lot of positive things to say about this mattress and there are few negative comments. It is firm yet comfortable, eco-friendly, not too expensive, and comes with a lifetime warranty on workmanship and materials. According to Sealy this is the first soybean crib mattress. A review of owner comments provides the following mattress likes and dislikes:
- Reasonably priced
- Fits snugly into crib
- Lightweight (easy to move and to change sheets)
- Phthalate and flammability compliant
- No toxic fire retardants
- Doesn’t smell
- Fairly firm
- Mattress is not completely organic (cover is made of vinyl-laminate)
- Vinyl cover is lightweight and one consumer indicated that it may tear easily
Read the full Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress review.
Sealy Tender Vibes Soothing Mattress
The Sealy Tender Vibes Soothing Mattress is an interesting idea that has been implemented well. This crib mattress has a vibration feature that gradually turns itself off over about a 15 minute time interval. This feature is almost unanimously praised by mattress owners who feel it truly helps their babies fall asleep. The only area of contention is that the vibrations only stay on for about 15 minutes and some owners would like to be able to set it to longer time periods. A review of owner comments provides the following mattress likes and dislikes:
- Batteries last a long time
- Vibration features works well and definitely helps soothe baby
- Vibrations are just right (not to strong or too soft)
- Battery compartment not accessible to baby
- No way to keep it on longer than 15 minutes at a time
- Some cribs may block the on/off button
- Some parents express concern that the baby could become dependent on vibrations to sleep
Read the full Sealy Tender Vibes Soothing Mattress review.
Colgate Classica I Crib Mattress
Dubbed by many outlets as “the most recognized and popular foam crib mattress by name in America”, the Colgate Classica I Crib Mattress gets excellent reviews and ratings from consumers. This mattress has received accolades from many sources and has been considered a recommended buy for over fourteen years by a popular baby products publication. A review of owner comments provides the following mattress likes and dislikes:
- Easy to clean
- Fits cribs well
- Quite durable
- Sheet changes are easy
- Some parents feel it is too firm
Read the full Colgate Classica I Crib Mattress review.
Naturepedic No Compromise Organic Cotton Crib Mattress
This is a crib mattress that is marketed as “non-toxic” and “hypoallergenic” with “100% organic US grown cotton” and a “waterproof surface”. For the most part consumers like the mattress quite a bit, but some indicate that it is rather expensive. Crib mattresses by Naturepedic have won many awards including an iParenting Media Award, PTPA Media Award, Mom's Best Award, and NAPPA Award. A review of owner comments provides the following mattress likes and dislikes:
- Provides firm support
- Dust mite protection
- Well made
- No chemical smell
- Many consumers like that it is organic and non-toxic
- Mattress seems thicker in the middle
- Plastic cover does not let mattress breath well
Read the full Naturepedic No Compromise Organic Cotton Crib Mattress review.
Sealy Posturepedic Springfree Soybean & Latex Crib Mattress
The Sealy Posturepedic Springfree Soybean & Latex Crib Mattress is very well liked by owners and gets good consumer ratings. Consumers like the use of eco-friendly materials, the extreme light weight of the mattress, and the fact that is 2 mattresses in one (one side is for infants and the other is for toddlers). It is not waterproof however and it may be a good idea to accompany it with a waterproof mattress pad. Owner input provides the following mattress likes and dislikes:
- eco friendly and uses lots of natural materials
- very lightweight and easy to lift and change sheets
- firm yet comfortable
- 2 mattresses in 1 with an infant side and a toddler side
- Has square corners for fitting snug in crib
- Has a lifetime warranty
- Doesn’t smell when packaging first removed
- not waterproof so you need waterproof mattress pad
- some owners warn that you have to measure your crib carefully to ensure a fit with the mattress
Read the full Sealy Posturepedic Springfree Soybean & Latex Crib Mattress review.
POST YOUR COMMENTS