In the world of memory foam mattresses the big boys are Tempur-Pedic. And while most consumers feel they make a good product, they do tend to be somewhat expensive. As such, there are several smaller and less expensive memory foam manufacturers in the marketplace. The more popular ones include Dynasty Mattress, Sleep Innovations, and Sarah Peyton. Sarah Peyton memory foam mattresses are often found on sites like Amazon and, in part due to their affordability, they tend to be best-sellers. [REF Sarah Peyton Mattress Reviews 2011]
Sarah Peyton manufacture 3 different kinds of memory foam mattress. These include:
- The basic Memory Foam Mattress (sometimes referred to as the “Firm Memory Foam Mattress”)
- The Cool Sensations Memory Foam Mattress
- The Soft Luxury Memory Foam Mattress.
The Cool Sensations* mattress comes with ventilation features that increases air flow and helps keep the sleeper cooler. The Soft Luxury mattress has four pound density foam combined with next-generation memory foam and energy absorbing Intellifoam that creates a pillowy surface. The basic memory foam mattress doesn’t have any bells or whistles and it uses next generation memory foam.
The memory foam used in all these Sarah Peyton mattresses is 4 lbs density. This refers to the weight per cubic foot of the material. It is often accepted that one wants a minimum of 2.5 lbs density in your Memory Foam Mattress, with 4 lbs being the most common at this time. The mattresses also come in a range of depths (thicknesses). Common Sarah Peyton mattress depths include 8, 10, 12 and 14 inches – with the 10 inch being the most popular.
Memory foam is also naturally hypoallergenic and is resistant to mold, mildew, odor causing germs and dust mites. Like many memory foam mattresses Sarah Peyton mattresses are delivered vacuum packed (to about 1/3 their full size) and when unpacked they take about 48 hours to expand to their full size. It should also be noted that they are vacuum packed in plastic and this does not allow the mattress to breathe - as such the mattress, when unpacked, often has a chemical odor. This has been commented upon by consumers and the manufacturer states that the odor disappears in 48 hours or so, although some consumers have indicated it can take longer.
Each Sarah Peyton memory foam mattress comes with a zippered velour mattress cover treated with aloe vera. It can be removed and is machine washable and dryable. The mattress can sit on a boxspring or a platform, it meets all flammability standards, and it does not require turning. One thing to consider is the warranty. There is little-to-no information on the mattress warranties. Some outlets provide short warranties while others simply do not mention it.
Consumer ratings for top 3 best-selling Sarah Peyton mattresses on Amazon are provided in the table below. This gives one a quick idea of consumer sentiment for each unit.
|Sarah Peyton 10-Inch Full Memory Foam Firm Support Mattress||4.3 stars out of 5||25|
|Sarah Peyton 10-Inch Cool Sensations Memory Foam Mattress||3.8 stars out of 5||95|
|Sarah Peyton 10-Inch Queen Memory Foam Firm Support Mattress||4 stars out of 5||36|
Following are some general mattress pros and cons according to consumers:
- Easy to move around when it arrives because it is compact
- Many reports that the owner wakes up feeling refreshed
- Very comfortable but still provides support
- Much, much less expensive than Tempur-Pedic
- Some reports that it minimizes or alleviates back pain
- Removable cover is convenient
- Smells when first unpacked (but usually goes away after a day or two)
- Some reports that the basic/firm mattress is too firm
- In some cases mattress does not appear to expand to full depth
* We have also noticed several Sarah Peyton mattresses on the market called Sure-Temp. The literature would tend to indicate that these are the same as the Cool Sensations mattresses and perhaps this is just different marketing-speak. However it is not entirely clear at this time.
POST YOUR COMMENTS